Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Can't sleep. . .

I truly hate nights like tonight when I am tired and go to bed early but can not fall asleep. You would think that I am 10 years old and it is the night before Christmas. It is the night before the first day of school - so I have to ask myself am I awake because I am worried for my kids? I don't think so. They are all looking froward to the return. Ashlynn and Shanna only have about an hour. This being grade 8 for Teryn she has to endure a 4 hour day - she gets to visit each of her classes in the new school - a test of sorts, the right of passage endued by every grade 8 the goal is to make it to each class with out getting lost and get there on time. Good luck Teryn!

Sleep eludes me, I have even tried the celery trick that used to work when I was pregnant - no lucky here tonight. Here is my question to you - what keeps you awake at night and what keeps you awake when you are supposed to be asleep?

Me I get up and turn on the PC - eventually it makes me drift off... I am feeling the effects now, so I will sign off and see if I can actually sleep. The other thing I try is sleeping somewhere else in the house... you know the old "change of Scenery" addage, it works sometimes for me. Not to night I have pulled out all teh tricks I kow.. so far nothing has worked but as I type I fel my eyeleids getting heavy and I am using the backspace key far to often for someone who actually knows how to type.... I am also beginning to type lyrics that are running through my head - Time to try again to fall asleep... Wish me luck.

No comments: