Thursday, December 23, 2010

Birthday musings.....

46 random facts should count as Little-Bits-of-Random don't you think?

1.   I had to do the math to figure out what birthday this was.  2010 - 1964.  (kind of funny, but 46 is just a number to me... )
2.    I think Faith is a very key ingredient to a great life.
3.    I was delivered to my mom in a Christmas stocking.
4.    2 of my 3 daughters weighed the same as I did at birth
5.    I think that Peanut butter should be it's own food group!
6.    I like the dark hours of the day (well I guess that would be night...)
7.    I love sleeping in a tent when it is raining                                                                                             
8.    Christmas is my favorite time of year
9.    I LOVE to travel
10.  That being said, I would go almost anywhere if I were given a ticket!
11.  I have dipped my toes in the Pacific ocean from the West coast of one country, and the East Coast of another.
12.  Sauerkraut is one of the nastiest things that people call food.  Sent shivers down my spine just typing that.
13.  I received the same comment on almost every report card I received in elementary school. "Dianna needs to spend less time staring out the window and more time concentrating on her work in front of her"
14.  I loved the 11 years that I co-owned the scrapbooking store, but I rarely miss it now.  I miss the people, but not the daily store stuff for the most part.. some days yes.
15.  I read every night before bed
16.  I rarely talk on the phone without a pen and a piece of paper in my hand (there are scraps & doodling by every phone)
17.  I collect snowmen - I hung almost 200 on the garland in my stair well this year. 
18.  The pull tabs on the Minute Maid frozen juice with the ones with a finger hole make me happy.
19.  Salty over sweet most days.
20.  My all time favorite Christmas movie is "It's a Wonderful Life"
21.  We wrap gifts and watch the above movie every year on my birthday.                                                
22.  I can only recall one time receiving a combo birthday / Christmas gift. (well until this year, but that is o.k T it really is!)
23.  I love the smell of a brand new book
24.  Love Love Love walking beside the open ocean
25.  I with the help of some great Doc's and God's healing hand.... kicked breast cancer to the curb
26.  Yes, I do dye my hair
27.  Disneyland is one of my happy places.
28.  Silver over Gold
29.  I have made snow-angels in the snow (in my bathing suit)
30.  I like to shoot people with my Canon
31.  I rarely dream at night.. daydreaming is another story see....#13
32.  Long road trips with 3 kids ARE FUN, I look forward to them and treasure the ones of the past.
33.  I have laughed so hard at my kids that stuff has come out my nose
34.  Walking on the beach is one of my favorite things to do
35.   Bath over a shower any day, preferably with bubbles
36.  I am a self professed chocolate snob - dark baby!
37.  I believe that laughter is truly the best medicine... Laughing every day is a goal
38.  I can get lost online reading blogs and looking at photography sites... 
39.  I may not dream, but I have been known to sleep walk and wake up in a closet
40.  Was the best birthday party ever... Rollerskating with 100+ friends and family members- SO MUCH FUN!
41.  I have slept under the stars
42.  My most favorite piece of Jewelry is my charm bracelet - so many stories.. so many memories
43.  I really like red shoes but sadly only own one pair (might need to change that this year!)
44.  I am blessed to have many friends near and far.  I may not see them often, but we can pick up where we left off and go from there, no questions asked...
45.  Is how old I thought I was until I actually did the math.. Man that year went by in the blink of a calculator flash.
46.  I actually like making lists like this.  It does not start with "TO DO TODAY"

So there you have it 46 slightly random things you may or may not know about me... 
One more.. Today was a great birthday, and that flash of a year was great too.. No regrets!

No comments: