Tuesday, May 22, 2007

A MONTH . . . .

Over a whole month (well almost over a whole month) seems like so much longer since I blogged here! Agh where does the time go...
What has happened in the last month? Way to much! Thankfully God does not give us more than we can handle, of that I am certain.

Over and above the regular routine of life - There has been appointments at children's hospital with Teryn, Band trip for Ashlynn, Youth Conference for Teryn, Dance performances for all 3 girls, Church meetings, appointments for me at RCH (2nd operation went well, I am feeling great and this whole thing should now be over!!!), required rest (hard to not do anything!) helping friends move, sleep(not) overs, extra hours at the store.... All in the day or month as the case may be.

Through it all there is much to learn - we truly are not the director of our destiny (to a point) - there is a plan laid out for us to follow and there are things put in our way to direct us back to that path. However we do have choices to make along the way and we may very well make choices that are way off the path - however in those choices lays discontentment, unhappiness and just a feeling of things not being right. It is when we are with in the path that is ours and ours alone that we can truly feel good about life. I think that is one of the reasons I have been able to deal with the tumor and surgeries I have had with what others have said to me as "an amazing attitude" Sure I could have wallowed in it, but where does that get me, or those around me... I want to be a positive example to my girls. Bad things happen in life, sure that is just one of those facts we can not avoid. However how we deal with those bad things can truly make a difference. I am certain that my positive attitude has aided hugely in my healing process. And that my friends comes directly from God!
Has it been a rough month - sure! But it is the tough things in life that form character and build us into the people we are intended to be! May each of us deal with the tough stuff with the right attitudes! (notice that I did not say that may each of us avoid the tough stuff in life... think on that for a minute!!!)

No comments: